Trained Eye Home Inspection Ltd. President and Chief Inspector, Ari Marantz, has completed over 4000 inspections since 1999. Ari is a Registered Home Inspector (RHI) and National Certificate Holder with The Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI), and an ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI) with the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). Ari is also a member of the Manitoba Building Envelope Council (MBEC).
Prior to establishing Trained Eye Home Inspection Ltd., Ari worked as a General contractor for over 15 years specializing in residential and commercial renovations. Ari contracted and supervised hundreds of renovation projects, working with skilled trades, sub-contractors, inspectors, architects and engineers.
Awards & Appointments
- CAHPI President’s Award – Nov 2017
- CAHPI National Honour Role – November 2013
- Stephen Greenford Award – Highest National award for a Canadian Home Inspector (CAHPI) – October 2008
- Certificate of Appreciation – Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMHC) – for contributions to the National Certification Program for Home Inspectors – September 2008
- Chair, National Certification Authority (National Certification Program) – March 2007 – July 2007
- CAHPI Association Service Award – 2007
- CAHPI National Board of Directors – 1999 – 2010
- CAHPI National Vice – President – 2004 – 2008
- CAHPI Manitoba Past President – 2014 to Present
- CAHPI Manitoba President 2005 – 2014
- CAHPI Manitoba Vice – President – 2003 & 2004
- Chair, CAHPI Manitoba P. R. Committee – 2001 – 2003
- Chair, CAHPI National Chair National Conference Committee – 2004 – 2007
- CAHPI National Bylaws Committee – 2003 – 2004
- CHIBO II (Canadian Home Inspectors & Building Officials) – Certification Implementation Project – 2005 – 2006
Education & Continuing Education
- B. Sc. University of Manitoba, 1984
- Graduate of Carson Dunlop Home Inspection Training Program, 1998
- Author of Winnipeg Free Press “Ask the Inspector” column 2000 – Present.
- Member – Manitoba Building Envelope Council, 2003 – Present
- CMHC Indoor Air Quality Seminar, 2004
- CMHC Radon Information Seminar, 2010
- Hundreds of hours of educational seminars at various Home Inspection Conferences, building science seminars, CMHC seminars, and other plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and roofing seminars.